I used to be an apple user since 2008. That was the time when iPhone3G start. Then on the following years, iPhone 4 and continuous iPhone makers continue to upgrade its chips inside. I remembered how I started to jailbreak my iPhone 3G. There I watched video tutorials online to know more geek stuff on iPhone jail breaking.
Updates on iPhone3G stop on iOS 4.2.1 firmware but on the latest iPhone units, you can update the iOS firmware from 5 to its iOS7 and up. (This may vary on the iPhone units).
Since lot of tutorials about jail breaking an iPhone from those previous iOS firmware can be found in the internet, let me just share how to jailbreak iOS7 to its latest instead.
To proceed on this kind of process, make sure you have these available resources to be used on our jail breaking an iPhone. (Warning: Do this on your own risk!). I know this is illegal but this procedure will only for educational purposes. Blogger of this site is not intended for any harmful stuff.
1. Computer (PC, Desktop as long as it has an OS that will surely compatible for our jailbreak procedure).
– I used Windows OS when done jailbreaking my iPhone4.
2. Internet (In case it will need an updates for your setup).
– I used Wi-Fi to easy access through phone.
3. iPhone (iOS7 Firmware only applicable for iPhone 4 and up).
– Make sure the phone is on full charge to avoid phone battery interruption and the running iOS should be on iOS7.x
4. Working iPhone cable wire.
5. Installer (Working iTunes and evasi0n7).
– evasi0n7 will be the installer we will use to jailbreak iOS7 firmware. I tried other jailbreaking tools for this process but evasi0n7 was the one I’d tested and working.
– You can download evasi0n7 directly on my drop box:
(This is saved as an archived file, so when you’re done downloading this, just extract the file. No virus file is saved on this, so don’t worry).
If all the necessary things are in your PC already, then let’s start jailbreaking your iPhone.
To give you a fresh start what is this evasi0n7 all about and some instructions, here are the details:
(You can see this on this README.txt of the archived file).
evasi0n7 1.0 (c) 2013 @evad3rs
– evasi0n7 1.0 is an untethered jailbreak for all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4
– MacOSX 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8
– Windows (XP minimum)
– iOS 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.1beta1, 7.1beta2
– Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
– Those that use backup passwords in iTunes must disable them for now. After doing so, iTunes makes a brand new backup. Please wait for that backup to complete before proceeding! Feel free to re-enable your backup password after jailbreaking.
– Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
– Launch evasi0n, plug in your device, and click “Jailbreak”. Just sit back and observe its progress. Watch for any steps you may be asked to perform.
– Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n are complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
– If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
If you have any questions regarding the jailbreak process or jailbreaking in general please go to the Jailbreak QA dedicated website: http://www.jailbreakqa.com or see their help page for evasi0n: http://www.jailbreakqa.com/pages/evasi0n-help or try /r/jailbreak on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/jailbreak
evasi0n is a production of @evad3rs. http://evad3rs.com
– @phoenixdev for his research
– @Surenix for evad3rs and evasi0n designs
– Hanene Samara for her work on evasi0n GUI
– @ollvm (o-llvm.org) for their support and the early version of Obfuscator-LLVM
To make it easy for us to do this kind of process let us be thankful and give credits to this site:
Step 1: Download the latest version of evasion jailbreak, evasi0n7 from this link: (https://db.tt/FzybhQON) and save it in a folder named “evasi0n” on your desktop.
Step 2: Double click the downloaded file and extract the application to the evasi0n folder. Navigate to the evasion application and launch it.
Windows users: Please launch the application as an Administrator. Right Click on the evasion exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
Step 3: After launching evasi0n, you will be prompted to connect your iPhone.
Step 4: Please disable the passcode as the jailbreak may fail, if the passcode is enabled (Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock On -> Turn Passcode Off).
Step 5: After the passcode is disabled, connect your iPhone to the computer. Evasi0n should detect your iPhone and also mention the iOS firmware that is running on it. Click on the Jailbreak button.
Step 6: After clicking on the Jailbreak button the tool will give a progress update on the various stages of the jailbreak process such as:
- Retrieving remote package
- Uploading jailbreak data
- Injecting evasion app (1/2)
- Injecting evasion app (2/2)
- Configuring system (1/2)
- Configuring system (2/2)
- Rebooting device
Please wait patiently while the jailbreaking process is running, don’t start iTunes or Xcode in the meanwhile.
Step 7: Once your iPhone is rebooted, you will get a message informing you to unlock your iPhone. Do not close the evasi0n application.
Step 8: Unlock your iPhone and then tap on the evasi0n 7 app (the one with the evasi0n 7 icon).
Step 9: When you launch the evasi0n app, the screen will go white and reboot again.
Step 10: The rest of the jailbreak process will now take place on your iPhone. After you iPhone reboots, you will see a large evasi0n logo with messages informing you on the status of the jailbreak process such as:
- Reading kernel
- Calculating offsets
- Setting up packages
- Setting up Cydia
- Continuing with boot
Step 11: After it has rebooted, you’re done. It has been successfully jail broken and you should be able to find the Cydia icon on your iPhone’s home screen (it may not be on the first page so search for it to locate it).
Check out this video guide on how to jailbreak your iPhone with evasi0n7 if you have problems:
Please note if the process gets stuck in the middle, it’s safe to restart the process, hardware reset your iPhone (if necessary by holding down Hold and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
Note: If you had upgraded to iOS 7.x using the OTA option or using iTunes and are having problems jailbreaking your iOS device with evasi0n, then try doing a full restore using iTunes and then try jailbreaking again to see if it works.